Sign in to follow this  
nude rick

Rifle bolting change

A recent change removed the ability to choose the option between manual and automatic bolting. What did this change leave us with? Is it now dependent on the rifle/faction or is it locked to manual or automatic?

I ask because I have had experiences that differ, as well as a possible bug I found. On the firing range all rifles seem to bolt automatically, while on multiplayer servers I can bolt manually seemingly regardless of faction. The bug only seems to happen on firing range due to this. I'm just confused as to which option it is supposed to be now, or why the firing range is giving a different experience than multiplayer servers.

Hope I can get some insight on this! Or at least I'm looking to be pointed at the appropriate place to report bugs, if it is in fact an unintended interaction I found. 

On 5/10/2021 at 5:14 AM, nude rick said:

A recent change removed the ability to choose the option between manual and automatic bolting. What did this change leave us with? Is it now dependent on the rifle/faction or is it locked to manual or automatic?

I ask because I have had experiences that differ, as well as a possible bug I found. On the firing range all rifles seem to bolt automatically, while on multiplayer servers I can bolt manually seemingly regardless of faction. The bug only seems to happen on firing range due to this. I'm just confused as to which option it is supposed to be now, or why the firing range is giving a different experience than multiplayer servers.

Hope I can get some insight on this! Or at least I'm looking to be pointed at the appropriate place to report bugs, if it is in fact an unintended interaction I found. 

The settings for auto/manual bolting aren't working in the online environment at the moment. In the training range it does work, however everyone is forced to manually cycle the bolt for the time being while playing on a server. We do plan on having that as a working, selectable option in the future.

On 5/13/2021 at 3:35 AM, BLITZ said:

The settings for auto/manual bolting aren't working in the online environment at the moment. In the training range it does work, however everyone is forced to manually cycle the bolt for the time being while playing on a server. We do plan on having that as a working, selectable option in the future.

How long is that going to take? Is there an estimate? I very much personally prefer automatic bolting to manual.