Sign in to follow this  
OBM

bunny hopping / characters run too fast

I know it can be set up to not have bunny hopping.....very unrealistic. Hell let loose has it set up that one cannot bunny hop.....If I wanted that sort of gameplay, I would play COD. ''

Also, it seems to me that the players run exceptionally fast around the field. While it is cool that obstacles slow one down, the general  speed movement is also unrealistic.

Just my 2 cents..... 

Soldiers move quite slowly in my experience, especially if they're low on stamina or are running through difficult terrain like mud, puddles, or water (even running gets slowed to a crawl).  Compared to other games like BF1 or Verdun, soldiers in BTW move at the pace of a snail.  Similar to RO2 and Squad (as expected).

The only exception to this is when you're holding a melee weapon or bayonet charging - but when you're in that situation you really need the speed.  In fact, I'd argue that you need more speed, especially when holding a melee weapon.

Edited by The Soldier

Realistically in a war zone and especially in WW1 with arty shells flying every where and everyone getting shot around you, you are gonna have an insane amount of adrenaline. Ive run further and farther in real life full of adrenaline. 

As for bunny hopping i know Post Scriptum has a system where you lose an insane amount of stamina when you jump and can jump like two times before you are out. A system like that would fix your issue

In the game Hell Let Loose, bunny hopping just doesn't happen. I do not know how it is set up but it seems that once you jump, there is a  delay in the ability to jump again.

The movement speed  IMHO, is too fast. No way anyone can crawl that quickly with full gear and a rifle. Same thing running, especially thru muddy fields full of barbed wire, shell craters and debris, adrenaline or not.  

BF1 is a joke.The whole BF series is an arcade (multi-player, anyways - single player is not too horrible).  While I have not played much of Verdun in the past few years, I recall player movement to be more realistic than BTW.......unless they have changed their settings.

Try playing Hell Let Loose......player speed is much more realistic--although they don't get winded.

I do like that players get winded in this game, and also how they can get hung up on obstacles.

Being this is still a WIP, there is plenty of room for improvement. I like the game, and I am glad I figured out squad chat glitch (at least a workaround), and it seems to crash a little less frequently...................