Jump to content
OBM

No chat sound?

Recommended Posts

When someone is talking to me thru team chat, I only hear the click of a mic, yet they can hear me. Is this a glitch? All other sounds work fine....I think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does not appear to be anything there that would correct the issue. Local chat works....all other sounds work. quite annoying, actually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, OBM said:

Does not appear to be anything there that would correct the issue. Local chat works....all other sounds work. quite annoying, actually.

Damn sorry. Ill keep look for you. Hopefully a dev will have an answer but ill try find something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am pretty sure there will be an easy fix....meanwhile, the game has started crashing , so I am uninstalling/reinstalling now. Tried file verification...did nothing.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, OBM said:

I am pretty sure there will be an easy fix....meanwhile, the game has started crashing , so I am uninstalling/reinstalling now. Tried file verification...did nothing.......

Let me know if the reinstall works. seen a lot of people saying reinstall. its annoying but hopefully it will work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reinstall DID NOT work. In addition to crashing, it would not allow me to close the game down....silent crash....and could not restart without a reboot. I have requested my money back from STEAM. I had to do the same with Post Scriptum....ran very poorly. Hell LET Loose runs a hundred times better! I have a pretty decent PC, and run most games on epic settings without a hiccup, but I find this too annoying. If they can get their act together, I may repurchase.....VERDUN is a pretty good game, looks a lot better, and runs pretty darn well, so I guess that is where I will be going if I need a WW1 fix.................. so, for now, I will be posting a poor review.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I am hoping it does get better quickly....I really wanted to like this game. I could live without the team chat temporarily , but the silent crashes were just too annoying.  I do plan to keep an eye on the forums to see how things progress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, OBM said:

Yes, I am hoping it does get better quickly....I really wanted to like this game. I could live without the team chat temporarily , but the silent crashes were just too annoying.  I do plan to keep an eye on the forums to see how things progress.

you never know is the thing. a couple bug fixes down the road and this could be a perfect game. just hope to have you back on the battlefield soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK....PROGRESS!

By using a free-standing mic, I can hear team chat.....if I use my headset, I cannot hear team chat. Why? I dunno. It's a Logitech G-933 . I am happy to use the mic and  speakers though, so no worries. After a few uninstall/reinstalls, it does not seem to be crashing (yet). Good to be back in the game!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...