Sign in to follow this  
John.Blink

Teams

I want this to be a thread for people to discuss their opinion, Here's the question. Do you guys think that teams will only be let's say, the French versus the Germans or do you'll think that it will be let's say, The British alongside the French versus the Germans? I love to hear the admin's response and the communities' response to this. I personally think that it will be just two sides but I thought of the chances of having the British and French fight with one another being really cool for a tactical type game this will be. 

436px-Coat_of_Arms_of_Charles,_Prince_of_Wales.svg.png

• Like 1

It certainly is a good and very interesting question to possible "realistic" scenarios, given that allied forces worked together on many fronts.

I find it more realistic to expect an "allied forces" faction more than two separate forces working together against one, though, cause different scenarios would require a whole new gamemode IMHO.

I'm as curious as you 🙂

Sounds like an extra dimension to the way most games work.  So I would not expect it.  I expect map-based opposition forces, but I suppose it depends on the map design.  Some battles could work with changing teams by having other layers. 

1918 - Third Battle of the Aisne saw the Germans capture Soisson from the French in the Ludendorff Offensive Blucher-York in May 1918.   French regained it with a subsequent July 1918 counter-offensive utilizing both US and UK troops.  Voilà.  Kaiserschlacht I, II, and III map layers with D-F, D-US, and D-UK matchups.  All historically legit.

spacer.png

But really I mean how exacting does it need to be?  Generic western-front maps would work, any layer switches just make things more interesting.